Nickname: The Toffees
Founded: 1878 as St. Domingo F.C.
Colours: blue/white
Stadium: Goodison Park
Capacity: 40.216
Chairman: Bill Kenwright
Manager: David Moyes
Current league: Barclays Premier League

TM.co.uk -Team Page: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk./en/verein/29/fc-everton/uebersicht/startseite.html

•     •     •

Evertonians are born not manufactured, We do not choose, We are chosen, Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand.....don't matter!
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#1
10 дек. 2008 г. - 20:56 Часов
first :p
Everton, I remember the match in UEFA-Cup, against "my" Nuremberg... Everton played nice football, but we seemed to keep the 0:0 for about 88 mins... :/:
What is the supportment like at the Toffees'?

•     •     •

Geschäft der Heuchelei Fußball:
03.12.2012: Die ganze Fußballwelt reagiert geschockt auf einen getöteten Linienrichter und ist der Meinung, dass ein Umdenken einsetzen muss.
08.12.2012: 80.000 Dortmunder und 50.000 Frankfurter singen: "Hängt sie auf, die schwarze/gelbe Sau!"

No Schorle - No Party

Ceterum censeo bellum esse finiendum juste ☮️
("Im Übrigen bin ich der Meinung, dass der Krieg gerecht beendet werden muss")
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#2
21 дек. 2008 г. - 3:43 Часов
Quick question @ Eldarim about Manuel Fernandes

Why did he leave Everton? Was he on loan and Everton decided not to purchase him on a permanent basis or were the problems with the transfer fee?

I rate him really highly by the way. Every time I watched him play, he was easily Valencia's best player. He's strong, got great technique and a nice shot. ;)

•     •     •

Sir Alex Ferguson (November, 1986): "I'm going to love every minute of it here."

CHAMP20NS
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#3
21 дек. 2008 г. - 4:22 Часов
Elda, please correct me if I´m wrong, but I think he was too expensive. ;)

•     •     •

you can't pull strings if your hands are tied
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#4
21 дек. 2008 г. - 19:48 Часов
Цитата hsvforever91:
Elda, please correct me if I´m wrong, but I think he was too expensive. ;)

it was about the money ... but not entirely.

we had a deal in place with lissabon, just a work permit was needed. this wasnt easy, because of the third party ownership. but as it looked like we had done everything required to get him ... he signed for valencia instead.

we signed him on loan for the second half of the following season, but this time he was in bad shape and couldnt impress, like we all hoped for ... in the end, i dont think moyes had any plans to sign him.
evertons sights where set on moutinho and they ended up in signing fellaini for a much higher price...

•     •     •

Evertonians are born not manufactured, We do not choose, We are chosen, Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand.....don't matter!
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#5
22 дек. 2008 г. - 21:36 Часов
Why are they called "the toffees"?
thanks in advance

•     •     •

Reichel IST RAUS!!!
Everton F.C. - The Toffees |#6
22 дек. 2008 г. - 21:43 Часов
Цитата pichl:
Why are they called "the toffees"?
thanks in advance

Everton's most widely recognised nickname is "The Toffees" or "The Toffeemen", which came about after Everton had moved to Goodison. There are several explanations for how this name came to be adopted, the most well known being that there was a business near the ground called Mother Noblett's Toffee Shop which advertised and sold sweets, including the Everton Mint, on match days. This also led to the Toffee Lady tradition in which a girl walks around the perimeter of the pitch before the start of a game tossing free Everton Mints into the crowd. Another possible reason is that there was a house called Ye Anciente Everton Toffee House near the Queen's Head hotel in which early club meetings took place. The word "toffee" was also slang referring to Irishmen, of which there was a large population in the city at the turn of the century and who tended to support Everton rather than city rivals Liverpool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton_F.C.#Nickname
  Опции поста
Вы действительно хотите удалить всю ветку?

Опции ментора
Вы действительно хотите удалить этот пост?
  Пожаловаться на эту запись
  Закладка
  Подписки на ветки
  Интересная запись
  Интересная запись
  Интересная запись
  Опции поста
Используйте поиск ветки, если хотите переместить эту ветку на другую ветку. Нажмите «создать ветку», если хотите превратить этот пост в отдельную ветку.